2011 Bowman Retail 3 Case Break Michael Pineda autos and Bryce Harper Chromes
Bowman Michael Pineda Autographs & Bryce Harper Chome Rookies
eBay seller sportscardfanatic has just completed a 3 case 2011 Bowman retail break. He ordered: 1 case of 2011 Bowman retail boxes, 1 case of 2011 Bowman value packs (rack packs), and 1 case of 2011 Bowman blasters.
As you probably know, the 2011 Bowman hobby boxes will not be available until later this week. That means that everyone who ordered retail (or who are lucky enough to find them at a retail location) are making a killing with their online sales.
The first 2011 Bowman chrome Bryce Harper sold for $135.00 on eBay.
Here is sportscardfanatic‘s review of 2011 Bowman retail:
- I honestly like these cards a lot better than last year. It is just a much better design and there are nowhere near as many quality control issues. I only pulled a few damaged cards as opposed to the QC disaster that was 2010 Bowman Chrome.
- The blasters are just more fun to open as opposed to both the retail boxes and the value packs. I actually hit my first Michael Pineda autograph in a retail box – and that was a great – but the blasters felt like they had more going on. Maybe that is because there are only 8 packs in each blaster box? Just my opinion.
- I did get shorted 2 autographs in my retail boxes. They advertise one auto per box, but two of my boxes were missing an autograph. Also, there was no box with an extra hit. I am used to hobby boxes where you occasionally get that extra hit – not so in the 3 cases of retail that I just opened.
- I busted every single retail box that I ordered. I had intended to only bust half of them, but it was so much fun
that I had to bust them all. Unfortunately, the second half of my break was nowhere near as good as my first. I hit both of my Michael Pineda autographs in the first half of the break.
- The Bryce Harper cards did not land as often as I had expected – chrome or base. I was expecting one Harper every other box. The truly odd thing is that the base Bryce Harper card was harder for me to pull than the chrome version! I pulled 13 chrome Bryce Harper cards and 8 Bryce Harper base cards.
- I did not pull a 2011 Bowman Bryce Harper autograph. Yes, I was hoping for one, of course, but the odds were against me – even in 3 cases.
- I was surprised at how difficult it was to pull refractors. Other than the purple refractors, I hardly pulled any color: 1 gold, 1 blue, and 3 base refractors – out of 3 retail cases! That just seems so wrong.
- The 2011 Bowman Manny Machado autograph is a redemption. There are pros and cons to redemptions in general. Mainly, they sell for less than if you had the card in hand. However, you expect the card to be in better condition when it comes straight from Topps as opposed to pulling it out of a pack. Then again, I hate waiting for my cards to arrive or – even worse – the dreaded email from Topps saying they need to send you a replacement.
- The autographs fell pretty regular. Based on the few other breaks I have seen online, this has been holding true early. Out of the 16 blaster boxes I opened, I pulled 4 autos (3 out of my first 6 blasters). The other boxes (retail and value) had almost exactly 1 auto per box as I mentioned earlier.
In my opinion, most collectors are going to be much happier with this year’s Bowman in regards to the design and the quality control. I am not speaking to the prospects or the autograph checklist – to be honest, only time will tell about those anyway. We are just speculators and prospectors hoping for gold!
If you are looking for autographs, buy the retail box or the value box (rack packs) because you get 1 auto per box. The blasters are hit or miss – but mostly miss. However, I did have 2 blaster boxes that were absolutely loaded!
For purple refractors and the base green border cards, definitely buy the value packs.
If you are a gambler, buy the blasters. In my first 6 blaster boxes, I hit 3 autographs. Then in my last 10 blaster boxes, I hit 1 autograph. Also my only gold refractor came out of a blaster.
I almost have a complete master set. I am missing 5 autographs (and the Harper auto, of course). Bowman’s Best is by far the hardest insert set to hit.
Odds for pulling a Bryce Harper in 2011 Bowman retail:
Out of 632 packs of 2011 Bowman retail, I pulled 13 Bryce Harper chrome and 8 Bryce Harper base.
Bryce Harper Chrome 1:48
Bryce Harper Base 1:79
(I had better odds pulling an autograph!)
Check out my 2011 Bowman Bryce Harper cards on eBay.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!